Talk

Advanced search

Safe cosleeping with a newly mobile baby??!

(4 Posts)
Caz10 Sun 14-Sep-08 21:44:02

I have dd's cot up against one side of the bed, a bed rail on the other. DD is close to crawling and does all sorts of mad flip flops in her sleep, and even the current amount of barricading isn't keeping her in, had a VERY scary moment where I woke up to see her slithering slowly off the end of the bed...blush

I'm not a huge fan of co-sleeping but it is the only thing keeping me going at the moment, and I want to keep her safe - any tips?!!

DH has been kicked out temporarily, so she has the whole of the other side of the bed to roll around in iyswim

policywonk Sun 14-Sep-08 21:46:37

Can you put the mattress on the floor for a while?

Or surround the bed with pillows/duvets so that she at least has a soft landing if she does fall out?

Or put a barricade of pillows/rolled-up duvets down the outside of her side of the bed, so that she'd actually have to roll up and over the barricade (unlikely) in order to fall out of bed?

We have a futon base (normal mattress), so only a few inches off the floor.

Caz10 Tue 16-Sep-08 22:32:09

Thanks policywonk!

I've got barriers on both sides of the bed but it was the end of the bed she went slithering off....eek. Might make sure there is something soft there, good idea.

Would love to put mattress on floor but ours is a big divan (sp) bed with drawers under it etc, I wouldn't have anywhere to put the base.

Do you/did you co-sleep, did you have this problem?

HappyChildminderBerkshire Sat 20-Sep-08 18:55:30

Is her side of the bed against the wall? I found that using my body as a barrier was best when DD was at that stage, so if she fell asleep sideways near the pillows I could sleep sideways in the middle of the bed and she'd have to get over me to fall off the bed. Then again we have a king size bed and hubby sleeps on a single bed pushed against ours! Lots of space for all of us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now