Talk

Advanced search

Teething and sleep

(8 Posts)
pudding25 Sat 13-Sep-08 08:45:00

DD is 4mths and seems to be teething quite badly. She just started sleeping through the night last week but we have had a couple of bad nights due to teething.

Last night was one of them. She woke up just before her dreamfeed and I gave her some calpol then fed her.
She woke at 1am, we went in and out trying to settle her until 3am. She slept on and off in between these times. At 3am, we brought her into our room and put her back in the moses basket (which she can just about squeeze into). She slept for a bit and woke another couple of times until 7am when she woke. She seems happy but tired this morning,

Any ideas what we should do? Is there anything we can give her apart from calpol/bonjela. I have tried teething powders but they dont seem to make much difference.

ilovetochat Sat 13-Sep-08 16:49:06

dd chews comfort blanket in her cot and this helps a bit.

pudding25 Sat 13-Sep-08 19:00:35

She's chewing and sucking on her fingers but it doesnt seem to be helping at the moment.

pudding25 Sat 13-Sep-08 19:00:36

She's chewing and sucking on her fingers but it doesnt seem to be helping at the moment.

geordieminx Sat 13-Sep-08 19:04:00

Ashton and Parsons worked for us.

Also someone suggested putting a flannel in the freezer for an hour then giving that for the to chew on.

Seona1973 Sat 13-Sep-08 20:06:09

I always found that childrens nurofen works better for teething than calpol.

LittleMyDancing Sat 13-Sep-08 20:12:05

Definitely second the ibuprofen thing - it's better for tooth pain by far. Calprofen is the one we used.

pudding25 Sat 13-Sep-08 21:34:53

Will give the calprofen a try tomorrow. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now