Talk

Advanced search

Help me stop my DDs tantrum please...?!

(11 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Fri 12-Sep-08 17:54:22

DD would not nap today. So I let her watch Curious George quietly with some milk and a blanket.

She then got up after about half hour rest, played with us, then when we looked around she was asleep on the sofa.

Half hour later, DH wakes her up, as she will not sleep tonight otherwise, and has left me with a screaming hysterical 2 year old, whilst he 'pops out to see a friend, sorry'. (I personally would have just let her stay up an hour later, it does not affect her sleep routine for the rest of the week).

She will not let me hug her, touch her and is crying so hard I think she might be sick. She wanted milk but will not drink it, she is very unhappy and has been for 20 mins, no sign of calming down.

Her tanrums usually last for 5 mins or so, and leaving her be usually gets her asking for mummy, but not this time.

How do I passify her?

SmugColditz Fri 12-Sep-08 17:56:16

Put her to bed! It's nearly 6pm, plenty late enough for a 2 year old

Marne Fri 12-Sep-08 17:57:54

Try food, i always give dd a biscuit or rice cake which usualy stops the crying.

We get this alot at the moment, im trying to cut out her nap but by 4pm she starts falling asleep, dh moans because he does'nt want her staying up late angry

EachPeachPearMum Fri 12-Sep-08 18:01:24

honestly? If she is completely hysterical... a cup of water in the face blush
Had to do this with DD once, when she just couldn't snap out of it- she was starting to look at us as if to say 'OMG mummy, wtf is happening to me... stop it'
It did work, quickly too.
Sorry, its horrid for both of you I know.

PavlovtheCat Fri 12-Sep-08 18:04:11

smug there is no way she will sleep this early envy.

Her bedtime routine is 7pm, bed for 7:30pm, brought forward as it used to be 8pm - 8am, now 7:30pm - 6:45am, and it took us ages to get it down to 7:30pm!

Poor mite does not want a thing, no food, or milk, or Curious George, or cuddles, or tv of any kind. She wants to lay on the floor kicking at anything she can sad

PavlovtheCat Fri 12-Sep-08 18:05:42

EPPM I can see the logic, but I am not sure I can bring myself to do it shock.

I just don't know what I can do to help her.

PavlovtheCat Fri 12-Sep-08 18:07:27

OMG. She is calm. In an instant.

You know what did it?

PavlovtheCat Fri 12-Sep-08 18:09:32

Charlie and Lola and some milk.

Put cbeebies on as a last resort, she came running in, saying beebies, Lola, Lola ! (which means DH watches more tv with her than I realised!), then Milk, Milk.

Now she is snuggled on the sofa, milk clutched in mits, red face gone, smiling, moving my hand away as I stroke her hair as it is in the way!

Blimey.

EachPeachPearMum Fri 12-Sep-08 18:11:30

grin yay!
As I said, it was a last resort for us! It was horrible to actually do it.

PavlovtheCat Fri 12-Sep-08 18:15:01

EPPM I bet! It worked though I take it?!

EachPeachPearMum Fri 12-Sep-08 20:05:23

Yes, with immediate effect- she looked rather relieved tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now