Talk

Advanced search

with the nights getting colder, do I just, like, bung a blanket / duvet in 19mo's cot? Massive Stupidy Alert...

(8 Posts)
ratbunny Wed 10-Sep-08 21:57:23

He used to wear a gro bag, but seems to manage to break out of them now. He is 19mo, and still sleeps in a cot.
He has just been wearing pjs at night, but its going to be too cold for just pjs soon.
so do i just give him a little duvet or something? He moves around loads at night, all over the cot (I can hear him lumping about over the monitor right now). But I dont want to go back to a gro bag.

God, I am SO stupid to have to ask this!

IdrisTheDragon Wed 10-Sep-08 21:58:58

DD used to wear fleecy sleep suits on top of her pyjamas. I think she might have had a duvet as well but can't actually remember blush.

ratbunny Wed 10-Sep-08 22:00:45

fleecy sleep suits?
what a marvellous idea! dis they keep her warm enough?

FanjolinaJolly Wed 10-Sep-08 22:02:54

You could try a duvet.My dd manages to kick them off though.So in winter I ususally put her in thermal vest and tights,pyjamas,then an all in one fleecey sleepsuit.I was on a budget and got my fleecy ones from Primark for 3 squid but most places do them up to age 2 ish.After tht you have to hunt around a bit.Mothercare and Vertbaudet do bigger sizes.

AnybodyHomeMcFly Wed 10-Sep-08 22:04:49

My DS is also 19mo and currently has a thin quilt (am thinking he's going to need a thicker one soon). He really likes tucking it under his chin and saying night night when we put him down. But he does move around a lot and throw it off although I do think if he woke up cold he would prob snuggle back under?

Fleecy thing also sounds good for when it gets properly cold tho.

laughalot Wed 10-Sep-08 22:04:49

Lol ratbunny lauren wont sleep under her duvet try the fleece sleepsuit x

ravenAK Wed 10-Sep-08 22:08:42

Does he move around all night or settle after initial fidgetting, so you could tuck him in again?

My mum is a champion knitter so we always just layered top sheet, knitted blanket, fleece blanket, another knitted blanket.

We put 'em in socks with the pjs, & put the kicked off blankets back on when we went to bed ourselves.

ratbunny Thu 11-Sep-08 17:14:10

he is a wriggler, most definitely.
ok, so I will go for fleecy sleepsuits, or just go with the grobag again...maybe I can find one he wont pop out of.
thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now