Talk

Advanced search

ds waking a few times every night

(3 Posts)
LaVieEnRose Tue 09-Sep-08 20:15:44

DS is now crawling which I assumed would mean he would sleep better. Not so! He wakes several times a night and when me or dh goes in to see him he is on all fours but barely awake.

It doesn't take much to get him back to sleep but if we leave him he just wakes up completely and then it takes ages to get him back to sleep.

Is this normal when dcs hve just started to crawl? It's like he is practising crawling in his sleep! Will he stop on his own or is it something we have accidentally done?

snickersnack Tue 09-Sep-08 20:20:07

Quite normal, I believe! Certainly ds's sleep got worse at that point. If it's any consolation it seemed to get quite a bit better once he started walking - I think he wears himself out. Mind you, last night represented a significant step backwards <tired and grumpy emoticon> so we're not quite there yet, but things have improved.

There was a great link here a while back to a website talking about just this, but I can't remember where or what. Sure someone else will be along soon to point you in the right direction.

LaVieEnRose Tue 09-Sep-08 20:21:46

Thankyou snickersnack, he's cruising at the mo so hopefully walking won't be too far away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now