Talk

Advanced search

Too much sleep?

(3 Posts)
lauraloola Tue 09-Sep-08 13:00:33

Dd is 13 weeks old and had been sleeping with me in a snuggle nest. She has been in her cot for the last 3 nights and then coming in with me from 6am until 8.30am for her bottle then we get up.

This morning she woke at 7am so I gave her a bottle and put her back in her snuggle with me. The next thing I know its 11.30am and she is still asleep! She went to sleep at 10.30pm last night!

She has now been asleep for half an hour and I am worried that she is having too much sleep.

If she does it tomorrow should I get her up at 7am? She will probably nap alot in the day then.

EachPeachPearMum Tue 09-Sep-08 13:09:57

My dd (2.7) always needed loads of sleep as a baby- 15 or 16 hours a day. She still sleeps around 12/13 hours a night, and has 50 mins nap.
I know a bf baby isn't supposed to go that long between feeds though, ff is slightly different, the length between feeds doesn't seem abnormally long.

Is this normal for her? DD always slept more when she was coming down with something (cold, ear infection, whatever)

lauraloola Tue 09-Sep-08 13:25:39

Thanks. She is ff and has started having more naps in the day. I am just worried that she isnt going to sleep at night now. I will see what happens tonight, although she has her 2nd jabs today.

Maybe she is just like me and needs lots of sleep smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now