Talk

Advanced search

early waking at 4 months

(4 Posts)
karenlo Mon 08-Sep-08 16:24:52

Hi
C previously slept happily from 7.30 to 6ish, short feed, then to 8. Now 4 and a half months, she has started waking at 1ish and will breast feed, fall asleep in my arms, but cry when she is put back in her cot. We're starting weaning, going OK, just first tastes. I've tried to increase milk feeds in the day (inc top up bottles) but she isn't keen. Last night she had a breast feed at 1 and then when I got more desperate around 2, she drank a 4oz bottle. So, it could be linked to food, but I'm still not sure. Any advice?!
Thanks K

pudding25 Mon 08-Sep-08 21:46:15

Do you think she is actually hungry? Maybe she is waking because she is teething? Could you give her some calpol before bed and see if that makes any difference?

poppy34 Mon 08-Sep-08 21:51:51

how long she been doing this - could it be what started as a need thing ended up being habit as she knows you'll get up to her (I know full well that my dd is more than capable of developing habits if she thinks she can get mummy to do what she wants)...

poppy34 Mon 08-Sep-08 21:52:23

and there is a calpol night I notice if pudding is right..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now