Talk

Advanced search

********how many naps, and for how long?**********

(7 Posts)
mummy2bsoon Sun 07-Sep-08 16:20:22

my baby is 6 weeks, hwo many naps should she be having?
and for how long?

do i wake her up if she has been sleeping too long?

pudding25 Sun 07-Sep-08 16:51:35

IMO She needs to go back to sleep no longer than 2 hrs after she last woke up at this age. That was the best info I read.

I would aim for a nap in the morning, a longer one at lunch and another nap in the afternoon, although it is unlikely she will be able to do this immediately. At her age, she probably needs around 4/4.5 hrs of sleep during the day (providing that bedtime is around 7pm). If you want her to go to bed at 7pm, I would not let her nap past 5.30/5.45pm

poppy34 Sun 07-Sep-08 16:56:21

agree with pudding - about 4 hrs ish was what dd on then now 10 weeks..have also learned the hard way not to let her nap after about 5 if I want to get her down at a reasonable time

mummy2bsoon Sun 07-Sep-08 17:38:31

thank u...

she alaways falls asleep between 5:5-6:15...

i need to look at how she naps

sumtimes she jus naps for 15mns tho

poppy34 Sun 07-Sep-08 19:30:02

thats pretty normal - I reckon its only been the last week or so that there is a more definite nap pattern emerging here

alittleteapot Sun 07-Sep-08 22:27:16

our dd had no fixed pattern till 12 weeks, sometimes almost no naps, sometimes endless naps. I worried alot - too much or too little sleep but she was always fine. At 3 months settled into the every two hours thing - half an hour in the morning and at lunchtime then a couple of hours in the afternoon.

hth

mummy2bsoon Mon 08-Sep-08 10:30:38

thank u...

ahh i guess we jus gotta ride with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now