Talk

Advanced search

please help! So tired!

(8 Posts)
REIDmylips Sun 07-Sep-08 10:13:57

my ds is just 2yo. Every night for the last week he has woken up between 2.30 - 3.30am. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it. I give him a drink,put his dummy in and rub his back to settle him again. I stand in the doorway until he is half asleep then go back to bed. He cries if I leave him too soon and the whole process starts again.

It may all only last 20 mins, but the broken sleep kills me. I have argued with dh more than ever this week. I have been off during summer hols with him and have been back at work this week. Could this have something to do with it? I can't cope with the broken sleep, any body experience anything similar, or have any ideas?please help.

REIDmylips Sun 07-Sep-08 10:28:23

anyone?

deanychip Sun 07-Sep-08 10:42:56

mine didnt sleep through the night til he was 4, i was up 7,8,9 times a night every night and i worked so i can offer sympathy but can only suggest that this is possibly a phase.
What happens if you dont go into him?
Have you spoken to your HV? They might be able to shed some light, and suggest something helpful.

I know you must feel like death, but hopefully, fingers crossed this might be short lived and i hope that you get some helpful answers from the ladies on here.
Good luck and keep your chin up x

REIDmylips Sun 07-Sep-08 11:18:21

thankyou. I am hoping it is a phase. I don't know how you coped being up so much! We have been so lucky with ds and his sleep, which is why now he's waking us up it seems like such a big deal. Thanks again.

REIDmylips Sun 07-Sep-08 16:03:02

anyone else have any advice?

3littlefrogs Sun 07-Sep-08 16:08:28

There is a thread on this in behaviour and development called "help please, where did i go wrong" Sorry, I know it is pathetic not to be able to do links - one of these days I will get to grips with it.

3littlefrogs Sun 07-Sep-08 16:09:08

"where have i gone wrong"

REIDmylips Sun 07-Sep-08 16:59:55

ooh thank you. Will look now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now