Talk

Advanced search

HELP! My 9 month old has started feeding 2 hourly at night

(4 Posts)
tellyaddict Fri 05-Sep-08 21:46:26

.. and it's absolutely killing me!!

He'd been going 7pm 'til 5am for a couple of months, then just before the summer hols started waking every 2 hours and absolutely guzzling from me, so he was hungry. Last night it was more of a comfort feed and seemed to last pretty much all night.

He's on three full meals a day (1 weetabx or equivalent volume of baby breakfast, 1 jar of 7 month+ food or same volume of home made food plus fruit and/or fromage frais for lunch and same volume of savoury/pud again for dinner). He's a big lad (weighs about 24lbs and is in 12 month clothes and 12-18 months 'shoes').

I can't keep doing this as I have to get up at 6ish and then do a 2 hour drive, so need to be alert and not half asleep. It's also giving me really bad headaches where I really think I'm going to be sick. I have two other kids as well.

I've bought Hipp Organic Night-time milk in desperation, wanted to bf until 12 months but I have to survive at the end of the day!

Anyone else experienced and solved a similar problem. Anyone tried the night-time milk with success? I will keep bf and if the night-time milk works will use that too as it's only one feed a day.

My son sleeps in a crib next to our bed, he used to co-sleep but wanted to suckle all night and I can't sleep like that smile.

Any advice gratefully received grin please grin grin

Caz10 Fri 05-Sep-08 21:48:11

no answers sorry but will be watching with interest...if I don't fall asleep 1st as my 9mth dd is exactly the same (although has never slept through so it's a bit less of a shock iyswim but still v hard!)

tellyaddict Fri 05-Sep-08 21:50:32

oh caz10 you have my sympathies, especially as you've obviously NEVER had a full nights sleep yet.......

out of the 1000s of mums on here, someone will be able to help us, I'm sure of it, I am, I really am... grin

Caz10 Fri 05-Sep-08 21:56:12

oh god that sounds worse written down!!! no, have never yet in 9mths had more than 4-5hrs at a stretch - they are the "good" nights...hmm

heeeeeeeeeeelllllpp...................grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now