Talk

Advanced search

Untitled

(10 Posts)
carolinamoonbeam Thu 04-Sep-08 22:21:21

please can someone help me with a problem - how do you stop a baby rolling in their sleep? They dont' like being on their tummy and cant roll back over yet? am up 6/7 times a night turning a 6 month old crying baby onto his back. am knackered! anyone tried a sleep positioner? any good? would it be wrong to clingfilm him to his mattress?!! (kidding)wink

Dragonbutter Thu 04-Sep-08 22:24:47

sounds like you need some sort of square pyjamas smile

carolinamoonbeam Thu 04-Sep-08 22:29:44

Eh?!

Charliemama Thu 04-Sep-08 22:33:16

I bought some hollow tube things that joined at the bottom with a flat sheet. The babu lay in between the tubes with the tubes under its armpits so there was no chance of any accidents. They were designed for this problem (or allowing a baby to sleep on it's side).

I am really sorry but i have absolutely no idea what they are called or where I got them from and I have since given them away. I hope you have some luck tracking them down.

Dragonbutter Thu 04-Sep-08 22:35:40

i might have seen those in the jojomamanbebe catalogue (not the square pyjamas the thing charliemama describes)

Charliemama Thu 04-Sep-08 22:36:24

I found them

here (I hope that link worked)

They are called Baby sleeping bolsters

But I don't remember paying that much!!!!!!

Charliemama Thu 04-Sep-08 22:38:13

Damn I just read the info and it says only suitable up to 3 months. sad

forevared Fri 05-Sep-08 10:08:44

There is one in the JoJoMamanBebe catalogue which says from birth, doesn't give an upper limit. £15, catalogue no. A6809, called a Sleep Positioner. Have a look on their website at www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk or phone them on 0871 423 5657

carolinamoonbeam Sun 07-Sep-08 20:41:47

thanks all. phoned and they are only up to age 3 months therefore no use. going back to the cling film idea............??!! if anyone has anymore suggestions i would be eternall grateful -thanks x

baltimore97 Sun 07-Sep-08 21:37:43

Does your DS sleep in a Grobag? If so, you can tuck the Grobag under the mattress at the bottom - he will be tethered and unable to roll but still be able to move a fair bit. If he is still in the 0-6mths size, move him up to the next one so there is plenty to tuck in. We did this with DD1 for a few months until she was competent at moving around and didn't get stuck in odd positions.

Am now doing the same with DD2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now