Talk

Advanced search

DS wakes up in the night wanting to play!!! Help

(3 Posts)
hayleybop Wed 03-Sep-08 20:01:58

Hi, I am writting on behalf of my friend who lives in spain and I had a phone call today saying she is fed up and at her wits end.
Her DS wakes up in the night for around 2 & 1/2 hours wanting to play. I advised she tryed to ignore him but she is co-sleeping at the moment and is working on trying to get him back in his cot. He is 11 months old. Anyone had similar experience and what did you do to sort the issue out?
Any advice?

pudding25 Wed 03-Sep-08 21:54:15

She probably needs to get him sorted in his cot (in his own room) and then she can work on the waking issues.

scoobi6 Wed 03-Sep-08 22:16:50

I had similar trouble with my dd and read "solve your child's sleep problems" by Ferber. He said this happens when the baby doesn't need as much sleep as you are trying to give them. My dd would either wake for two hours in the middle of the night, or be up at 4-5am for the day.

I cut her nap very short (one 30 minute nap after lunch) and put her to bed later, and this solved the problem within a couple of nights. She was a little older though, about 18 mo at the time.

Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now