Talk

Advanced search

moving from cot to bed

(3 Posts)
sjcmum Sun 31-Aug-08 14:24:38

DD1 has recently turned 2 and next baby due in less than 4 months.... so we know we really should try to get her out of the cot before baby comes along. Is it ok to put her straight into a full sized single bed, or have most people used something smaller to start with so they don't feel too lost in it?

Just not sure I like the idea of buying something, and something else in a couple of years seems wasteful. We're thinking of investing in bunk beds so in the future they can share - but just keeping one flatpacked up for now.

Any one with experiences or recommendations of good beds to go for?

CSLG Sun 31-Aug-08 15:19:39

my 2 both decided at 18m they wouldn't sleep in a cot again! We have them in a day bed from ikea to start with and a bed rail - its like a crib them as the day bed has 3 sides to it. Once the youngest turns 3 we will get rid of that and get him a bed he chooses

If you have on of the bunk beds you could put it against a wall and then get a bed rail for the other side (or use the top bunk as that usually has a bed rail with it)

sjcmum Wed 03-Sep-08 14:05:46

good suggestions - thank you - I'll look into the day bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now