Talk

Advanced search

DS 15 wks has stopped sleeping!

(7 Posts)
wastingmyeducation Sat 30-Aug-08 18:35:43

DS is 15 weeks and apart from his jaundiced first week has never been much of a sleeper, however the last couple days have been ridiculous. I've had barely 3 hours sleep the last couple nights and he's not had much in the way of naps either. I'd noticed before that he sometimes has a string of sleepy days followed by a few eaty days. I'm presuming this is a growth spurt, but it seems to have coincided with the start of 'don't put me down!' and I can't get anything done!
He seems over-tired, is there anything I can do?

xx

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 30-Aug-08 18:54:13

Message withdrawn

MatNanPlus Sat 30-Aug-08 18:55:43

Can you pop him into a sling for the next few days so he can be cuddled and lulled to sleep and you can get taks completed?

wastingmyeducation Sat 30-Aug-08 19:28:39

I'll try a log again, as it might put things into perspective a bit. I always intend to sleep when he sleeps, but end up staring at the ceiling, I'm not a napper at all myself you see.
I bought a sling, but I'm too fat for it blush
He's not even falling asleep on me anymore now.

xx

MatNanPlus Sat 30-Aug-08 19:38:25

Quick sling, get a fleece jumper with small or big zip, sew the bottom closed level with height of baby from neck hole to bum, then sew the arms together at the cuffs and pop baby into jumper with head out of the neck, do up zip, jumper can be used back to front and then put arms over you head, baby snug and supported.

MrsJamin Sat 30-Aug-08 21:42:55

It's called the classic 4 month growth spurt, it won't last too long!

Podster Sat 30-Aug-08 22:32:42

Don't want to jinx myself, but think I am coming out of the other end of this. My dd always been quite a decent sleeper, but it all started to go pearshaped at 15 weeks and it has only been this week that it seems to be getting better (20 weeks). She started taking a full bottle in the middle of the night after not having done it for weeks on top of a dreamfeed - also was feeding every couple of hours in the day. The eating calmed down after a couple of weeks, but the sleep didn't. She took to throwing herself around her cot and waking herself up with the movement. From 2ish - 5 every morning got virtually no sleep BUT she has definitely been more settled the past few days, eating is back to normal and is going down for naps. I definitely think it is a growth spurt thing and also possibly a bit of teething - no magic solutions, but it seems (fingers crossed) to pass so hang in there !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now