Talk

Advanced search

My DD (7.5 months) has never been a day time sleeper - until last week???!

(6 Posts)
pamelat Fri 29-Aug-08 13:26:47

My DD is 7.5 months (well 32 weeks today, whatever that equates to)

She took until 5 months to sleep through the night, and we still have the occassional glitch (monkey!)

She used to sleep half an hour in the morning, half an hour at lunch and sometimes half an hour about 5pm. She only used to sleep if walked, rocked or driven around.

Then she would have the odd day of sleeping 4 hours at lunch, out of the blue!

However, in the last week she has been sleeping 6pm to 6am, going back to sleep at 8am for an HOUR and having an hour and a half at lunch. Is this normal?

Other friends say that there babies have always slept this much.

She isnt crawling yet so she shouldnt be any more tired?

Also (sorry!) could teething be making her more tired. She doesnt have any teeth yet but is in obvious discomfort (using granules, gels etc but none of it helping her). Awake (today) she is grumpy and cross so am tempted to leave her sleeping.She has been asleep since 12 noon! There is only so much house work I can be bothered to do!

Did anyone elses baby start sleeping a lot more around this age?

However, in the last week

IHeartIona Fri 29-Aug-08 14:23:11

I would have thought this was great and you should just go with it and enjoy the time to yourself! would be pleased if my dd would do this.....

smallwhitecat Fri 29-Aug-08 14:24:44

Message withdrawn

pamelat Fri 29-Aug-08 18:02:14

She woke at 2pm (by herself) so had done a full 2 hours.

However, she has been grumpy and still seems tired all afternoon.

Should have been an easy day with her having had such a long "nap" but instead its been one of the worst!!

DH just home so over to him!!

erwfran Fri 29-Aug-08 19:55:47

i'm experiencing similar, my ds is 7 months and after struggling with 3-4 half hour-40 minute naps in the day, he slept 2.5 hours yesterday - I got worried and crept in to see him and he woke up (!)
Anyway today he slept 50 minutes at lunch and wouldnt go back, then 40 minutes again at 4.
I hope that it is something he is working up to as although hes always great at night, it would be nice to have some decent time in the day to myself.
Fingers crossed

pamelat Mon 01-Sep-08 18:27:15

Its strange isn't it. I could understand it if she were crawling but she isn't even trying yet.

I suppose that she is learning more day by day and its tiring, or maybe I am not as exciting for her now! wink

Have got used to this hour and half "rest" at lunch time, its restricting me to being in the house but can always mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now