Talk

Advanced search

What is classed as 'sleeping through'?

(12 Posts)
luluhollybolly Thu 28-Aug-08 20:05:05

My DD has always been a dreaful sleeper until this last week when she has started sleeping from 10.30pm until 4.30 am (6 hours straight).

I once heard that when they sleep for a straight 6 hours that this was classed as sleeping through... is this correct Have I finally cracked it? grin

morningpaper Thu 28-Aug-08 20:06:14

tell yourself whatever you would like to hear grin

thefunkypea Thu 28-Aug-08 20:07:39

I read somewhere that sleeping through was midnight to five, so sounds like you've pretty much cracked it. Anyway, if you're managing to get 6 hours sleep you must be feeling fantastic!! Hurrah!

meglet Thu 28-Aug-08 20:08:19

10:30 - 4:30 certainly sounds like a fairly civilised nights sleep! Especially if you get to bed when she does.

Don't think there's any official guidance on sleeping through though!

Not waking you up! grin

Seriously, sounds like you are heading in the right direction.

luluhollybolly Thu 28-Aug-08 20:12:40

I couldn't believe it when I woke the first night and saw the clock..... I feel like a new woman!!! wink

luluhollybolly Thu 28-Aug-08 20:14:24

She definately thinks that 6am is her time to get up though.... I think she takes after me, she's a light sleeper and an early waker..... Typical! Why can't she take after her dad!!! hmm

meglet Thu 28-Aug-08 20:21:36

But, the mornings are getting darker soon so with a bit of luck she will wake up a little later too!

luluhollybolly Thu 28-Aug-08 20:25:46

True! Bring it on!

ChirpyGirl Thu 28-Aug-08 20:35:52

I have heard it is midnight to 5am as well...which mine both managed by waking at half 11 and 5 for a good few months!

Did you do that thing where you wake up, realise they haven't soken, panic, go running into them or chekc on them....and then wake them up? I do that aaaaaall the time!

luluhollybolly Thu 28-Aug-08 20:38:06

sort of... I wake up at about 2am expecting her to kick off and find it's strange when she doesn't then struggle to get back to sleep....

it is nice though grin

ARAG Thu 28-Aug-08 20:38:45

NCSS says that the medical def of sleeping through is when the LO sleeps 5 straight hours.

In any case, yahoo sleep success lulu!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now