Talk

Advanced search

9 month old (bf) wakes in the night any suggestions?

(5 Posts)
2luvlyboys Sun 24-Aug-08 21:21:22

Thats it basicly! Is hard to settle after I've fed him won't settle at all if I don't feed him or if dh tries to comfort him. During the day he is such a happy little chap!

thisisyesterday Sun 24-Aug-08 21:25:49

so does he come off by himself when he has finished feeding?
but won't settle back down?

I think it's totally normal for him to still be feeding at night at his age.
what works for me is feeding ds until he is ready to stop. normalyl by then he has drifetd off to sleep, but movement wakes him again.
so we lie there for a while until he is really, really, really asleep then move him into cot

2luvlyboys Sun 24-Aug-08 21:37:36

Last night for instance I fed him but as soon as he finished he would start crying again and certainly as soon as he was in his cot he cried. This continued for about 2 hours even after resorting to childrens nurofen. I kept putting him back on and as soon as he was off he would throw his head back and cry at one point he even bit me. I took him downstairs at one point because his bedroom is right next to ds1s and I didn't want to wake him. Hasn't woken up so far tonight btw!

DS did this for a while. Just go with it, let him feed if you can, it passes. Teething, I suspect. (Everything's down to teething, I reckon!).

I know what definitely did make it worse was me being impatient. That was guaranteed to lead to much wakefulness, crying and refusing to sleep.

thisisyesterday Sun 24-Aug-08 21:50:34

hmm gosh def sounds like it could be teething or something. maybe the nurofen just didn't hit it?
also I think sometiems they wake up in pain, and they get too awake iyswim? then they're so overtired and hurty that they get in a state and just can't get back to sleep.

hope you don't have the same thing tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now