Talk

Advanced search

Ds1 (3.3yrs) waking up at 3am. Every night.. How do I get out of this habit

(8 Posts)
runnyhabbit Fri 22-Aug-08 18:30:32

Ds1 is a good sleeper. We have good bedtime routine, and is usually asleep by 7.30/8pm.
But for the past few weeks, he's been waking at 3am, coming into our bedroom, crying for either me or dh. We take him back to his
bed, and about 10mins later, he's asleep. He isn't affected by it in the morning.

Thing is it's now affecting my sleep, because I once I'm awake at 3, I find it difficult to get back to sleep.

Any ideas?0

runnyhabbit Fri 22-Aug-08 19:42:51

bump

runnyhabbit Sat 23-Aug-08 13:40:23

bumping

weeonion Sat 23-Aug-08 13:53:57

bump

runnyhabbit Sat 23-Aug-08 13:56:41

thanks wosmile

WilfSell Sat 23-Aug-08 14:00:48

Hi

Our DS2 was 3.5 when we started using the bunny sleeptime clock (the one with the light not the pop-up ears) and a reward chart. Worked a treat within 2-3 days and even now we can hear him slightly whispering in his bedroom saying 'come on bunny, isn't it time to come on yet?'... We kept on giving him stars on his chart for some weeks after he got the hang of it just to make it a habit.

cured him of 3-4 am wakings completely now.

WilfSell Sat 23-Aug-08 14:02:58

Should have elaborated a bit more: we just explained that he had to stay in bed until the bunny woke up, and every morning he did this he would get a star and then when he'd got so many stars (best to start with just a few at first and a small reward, then move to a bigger one) then he'd get some kind of reward...

runnyhabbit Sat 23-Aug-08 16:09:33

Thanks - that sounds like a good idea. Will have a look at the bunny clocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now