Talk

Advanced search

What is your 13month old's bedtime routine?

(13 Posts)
mamachat Thu 21-Aug-08 22:52:38

I hav never really done the bath bedtime thing and my dd wakes every 1-2 hours throughout the night to bf...

So tonight I bathed her, and put an essential oil to burn in the bedroom with lavender and other things to help her sleep, I feel asleep in the bedroom to, it was really relaxing.

What is your babys bedtime routine and how long does it take?

Also does your 13month old sleep thro?

Pinkranger Thu 21-Aug-08 22:56:04

I have a nearly 12 month old and have been very lucky with sleeping. Has a bath around 6.30pm and comes down stairs afterwards for a bottle of milk, then straight off to bed fully awake, he may wake up a couple of times in the night but this is normally for his dummy. Routine is normally 45 mins/ 1 hour before bed.

puffylovett Thu 21-Aug-08 22:57:20

well, he's not 13 mths he's 18 mths nearly - but at 13 mths I seem to recall that he'd just stopped bf-ing to sleep and started pointing to his cot and rubbing his eyes. Still woke every couple of hours (molars followed by canines follwed by walking) but it soon wore off. Once he was walking he started sleeping TONS better.

routine - family dinner at 6 ish. Bath with daddy. cream up, vitamins and fish oil in, Jim Jams on and story and chat with daddy. Bfeed with mummy singing twinkle twinkle about 7.30 then into cot and asleep by 8. I must add that I still sit in the room and read for 5-10 mins while he goes to sleep, he knows I am in the room with him and I am slowly progressing out the door !!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 21-Aug-08 22:58:39

my 14 month old has a very short routine. bathtime is normally on a morning.

bedtime is pj's on. story with dd1, cuddle on my bed and then tucked into her cot. she cant settle unless she has dd1's pink cushion <dd1's fave causes no end of fighting> and her blanket on.

Dragonbutter Thu 21-Aug-08 22:59:10

at 7.30pm we were sat with the kids eating their dinner before we realised the time because he was being a bit gurny and rubbing his eyes. we washed his face and hands, changed his nappy and put on a sleepsuit in the livingroom, made him a bottle, kisses from everyone, put him in his cot with bottle and left him to it. bed at 7.45pm.

we're crap at routine.

VERY approximately:

6pm dinner then play in sitting room for a while unless obviously tired
6.30pm bath
6.45pm barebum romp on our bed
7pm jimjams, teeth and then BF in dark bedroom
anytime between 7.15pm and 8pm mummy escapes from bedroom grin

Some nights bed is at half 6, other nights nearer 8.

He's never slept through and is miles off it. Wakes around 11 each night and then at least once after that. Cosleeps most of the night.

mamachat Thu 21-Aug-08 23:12:35

Gosh it seems as tho evryone whos babies have bottles are much easier to get to bed, why did I ever bf??

mamachat Thu 21-Aug-08 23:13:19

Iaterosemary - i have to ask what is barebum romp??

puffylovett Thu 21-Aug-08 23:16:00

you bfed cos it's the best thing since sliced bread ?! grin !! dead rewarding, really enjoyable and the best nutrition you can give her.

believe me, you will be thankful when it's the only thing that will calm down a stroppy tantrumming frustrated upset toddler grin

I know so many people who thought bottles would make their baby sleep - and they were WRONG! grin

barebum romp = nappy free time crawling on our bed, usually spent waving at strangers out of the bedroom window, trying to pull his willy off and mauling the cat

mamachat Thu 21-Aug-08 23:32:18

puffylovett - I'm really not hoping to be bf a toddler, I wanted to stop atleast 3months ago....

mamachat Thu 21-Aug-08 23:32:56

Doesn't he pee on your bed?

Not so far [anxious now]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now