Talk

Advanced search

What do you do if you want to co-sleep with a newborn and your toddler suddenly wants back in the bed?

(6 Posts)
KnockOffNorbert Tue 12-Aug-08 15:18:09

DH has started working nights and instead of putting DS back in bed when he wakes I have been letting him come in with me, which I don't mind at all but wondered how it's going to work when baby comes. Where do you put them all? There is no way I can get up and put DS back to bed and sit with him until he falls asleep, esp. not in the first few weeks with being sore/baby needing feeding etc. Does anyone sleep with their newborn and a toddler?

PortAndLemon Tue 12-Aug-08 15:24:25

Sometimes, although not all night. We have a superking bed and it ends up DH-DS-me-DD. I just made sure the DCs were on different sides of me.

littleducks Tue 12-Aug-08 15:26:14

toddler in the bed and baby in the cot is what is happening here

TooTicky Tue 12-Aug-08 15:35:52

I have done - ds2 was still co-sleeping when dd2 was born so we popped her in the middle and he loved his protective role.

beforesunrise Wed 13-Aug-08 21:07:58

swing it is the order of the day here...

we have done:
me and baby in one bed (spare room), dh and toddler in another.

me and baby and toddler in a bed

me and toddler in bed, baby in cot next to bed

good luck. somehow, it'll all work...

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 13-Aug-08 21:11:39

I was wondering this as DS is 2 and still comes in with us sometimes and am 5 months pg. We have kingsize bed and it's ok for 3 but with newborn too it would be a push...

Currently thinking cot rammed up to side of bed for newborn with DS in between me & DH as usual if needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now