Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

4.5 month old won't settle in the evenings and has started waking every 2-3 hours at night

(1 Post)
Gangle Sun 10-Aug-08 18:28:36

DS has always been terrible at settling at night. He has to be fed or rocked to sleep then wakes up the minute I put him in the cot so the whole process takes hours. I've tried a routine and also started to let him cry, going in every few minutes which doesn't really seem to be working. Until about 2 weeks ago, once settled at say 9pm (after starting at 7) he would wake up at 3.30 or 4 for a feed then would go back to sleep although I would also have trouble settling him then as well and he would end up in bed with us. However, he has now started waking up at midnight/1am, 3 and 5am and refuses to go back to sleep every time. No idea why but is basically means he is getting hardly any sleep - neither are we for that matter! Would love any suggestions as to why and what to do about it. BTW, he is EBF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now