Talk

Advanced search

Another Early Waker - but appears hungry - 10 month old

(5 Posts)
Tommysparents Sun 13-Feb-05 19:46:36

Hi Everyone,

Our baby Tomas is now 10 months old - weighs about 22lb, and generally, if no teething etc is an angel baby (well in my eyes, ha....)

But he has never been a great sleeper and we have NEVER had a sleep through the night yet (so knackered!).

Here's the details -

He wakes anywhere from 4 - 5.15am for a bottle (that is the early morning problem I have!) he drinks about 180ml and goes back to sleep until 6.15am or sometimes up to 7.15am. Then he's up and has breakfast (porridge etc) at 8am, usually sleeps 11am for 1 hour (not always) 12.30 Lunch pudding etc, 3pm sleeps 1hr, 4.30 teatime food might have a snach as well sometimes. 7pm bottle before bed (180 - 210ml (he has as much as he wants) sleep by 7.30pm.

Usually he has one stir in the night 11pm but generally goes back off ok.

I know lots have much worse problems than this, but Tommy doesn't seem to be getting better, in fact he seems to be getting worse. His afternoon naps are sometimes a real struggle to get him to sleep now he's getting older.

I've thought about c.c. in the morning, but if he is hungry early a.m. then surely he needs feeding? can't really see how we can get more food down his neck in the day really, but if it's needed I will.

I have tried dreamfeeding (used to do that when he was younger) but he refuses it - or if we manage to get him to feed it makes no difference - or he even wakes earlier for food!

If we don't go straight in and perhaps try to passify him to go back to sleep rather than give him a bottle then he goes balistic!!! if we offer water then once again he goes balistic!!!I honestly don't think C.C would work for this problem.

REALLY appreciate everyones advice on this, as it's our first baby I'm not sure what the hell to do now. HELP...........................

HappyMumof2 Sun 13-Feb-05 20:20:50

Message withdrawn

TracyK Fri 18-Feb-05 09:43:29

I'm sure my ds went through waking at 4-5ish at 10mo for maybe about a month. It's now between 6 and 7. I did notice during that time though his napping was changing. He didn't need morning nap till later and later so now he only has one nap. Ideally 1-3 but sometimes 2-4 and yesterday 3-4.30.

Tommysparents Thu 24-Feb-05 07:04:56

HI,

Tommy has had a bad cold so everything goes ou tthe window then! BUT he does sleep till 6AM when he is I'll, he always goes off his food then as well, so not hungry perhaps???

I have tried different sleep times but for some reason it doesn't seem to matter?

Now he is almost well again he is once again waking at about 4.45 for his bottle.

He does sleep in a sleeping bag. and I don't think this is just a phase as he has done this for months and months!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghosty Thu 24-Feb-05 07:13:30

I agree with HappyMumof2, Tommy'sparents ...
If he can manage to go from 7.15 till 11am then why not keep him awake for another half hour, give him an early lunch (11.30am) then to bed after that ... he might sleep longer at that time as he will have a nice full tummy.
When DD was about 11mths sleeps became a bit tricky as she wasn't tired enough for a morning nap but found it hard to go to 12noon for lunch (wouldn't eat as she was too tired) ... So that was when I brought in an early lunch (around 11.15/11.30) which would perk her up a bit and then I would put her down at noon and she slept much better and longer than the previous 1 hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon.
Now she is nearly 13 months she has her lunch at 11.45 and is sparko by 12.30 and most days sleeps for 2-2.5 hours and goes down well at 7pm and in the last couple of months has dropped the early waking.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: