Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

long day time naps at 3.4yrs - link to night terrors?

(1 Post)
nellieloula Fri 08-Aug-08 15:28:11

Hello. My DS (3.4yr) and DD (9 month) share a room but DS has recently got into a mad sleep pattern where he wakes up around 5/5.30 (mostly because DD is stirring at this time and my DH gets up for work then) so by lunchtime is shattered. He still has a nap which I usually wake him from after an hour but in the last week he has been so tired that he has cried and begged to go back to sleep. I’ve let him, as they’ve both had colds and I do think that if you need sleep, you should sleep. He goes to bed ok at 7 ish but then has terrible night terrors between 10-1. Again, I think this is related to illness and getting over that. But maybe it is a sleep issue?? I’m just wondering if anyone else has been through this – the extended day time nap at over 3yrs – yesterday it was 2 hours and then, like today only because I’m actively waking him up and insisting he gets up. Do you think it makes a difference or is a bad thing? I just can’t imagine what it would be like if he went from half five in the morning until seven – talk about melt down city! Any help appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now