Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8 week old sleeping through?

(4 Posts)
laura325630 Fri 08-Aug-08 15:17:50

Hi, just a question before I attempt something tonight!

8 week old dd used to be awful in the evenings. She didnt used to settle until 12/1am but just recently she has been having a bottle at 10pm and sleeping until 5am then until 9am. Last night she has a bottle at 8pm and slept in dp arms until I woke her at 10pm for a bottle but she only had 1oz before going to sleep until 5.40am!

Do you think she would sleep from 8pm to 5am without a feed? I think she is still too young to go that long or is it normal? I want to try it but I dont want to get back into the old routine where she was waking 2 times a night. Thanks x

LilRedWG Fri 08-Aug-08 15:21:32

Give it a go - you've nothing to lose (except one disturbed night at worst). DD was perfectly capable of doing this by eight weeks. Some babies are just good sleepers.

If you feel a little nervous doing the 8-5 straight away, you may find that giving her a dream feed at about 10pm will help. DD had her late night feed long after she didn't need it (she would only drink an ounze or so) - DH couldn't give it up, he enjoyed it too much.

Dannat Fri 08-Aug-08 15:29:27

Would you mind explaining what a dream feed is please? I've heard about it but just wondered, is it when you feed the baby when they are sleeping? Do you have to get them up to do it? If this is the case, I don't know how I would manage to dream feed DS without him waking!

LilRedWG Fri 08-Aug-08 15:31:32

It is when you lift your baby out of their cot and feed them without waking them.

We NEVER managed this with DD - she always woke up, drank her milk and then went straight back to sleep, so she didn't really have a dream feed, just a late-night one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now