Talk

Advanced search

My dd slept thru the night from 8 weeks old till she was 3 - solid.....

(9 Posts)
biglips Fri 08-Aug-08 10:49:55

but since she turned 3...she used to wake up and be terrified of the moving shadows in her bedroom. (i live opposite a flyover and behind it is the docks with bright lights so you can see the moving shadows)...All stopped now since i moved her into the back bedroom shared with her sister and its dark....now its "ive had a bad dream"...she be sobbing and waking me up early hours in the morning. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

What can i do about that or wait for her to grow out of it? (she is 4 this October)

biglips Fri 08-Aug-08 13:00:22

bumpity bump!

gingerninja Fri 08-Aug-08 13:07:15

Not sure you can influence a dream. Think it's probably a bit much to ask her to keep it to herself too, she's only little. Hate to say it but think yourself lucky you've had it so good for so long. Most people will be very envy

pudding25 Fri 08-Aug-08 13:40:16

My husband had night terrors when he was about that age and he just grew out of it. I think you prob need to go with the flow andreassure her. My friend's little girl had issues with being scared in the night. She got her a fairy doll and said the fairy doll would protect her. They also had a spell they said with the doll every night before they went to bed. maybe something like this would help? Has she got a night light.

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 13:44:47

Have you tried asking her about the dream? Maybe another child has told her something that has left her frightened and you will be able to reassure her if she can give you clue about the cause.

biglips Fri 08-Aug-08 13:45:01

yes she does have a night light but still wakes up about twice a week. Maybe i will explain that her fairy doll will protect her.

Ginger - i dont ask her to keep it to herself as we do talk about it the next day. 7 out of 10 she remembered whats the dream is about and we do reassure her too.

mustsleep Fri 08-Aug-08 13:55:05

maybe she's feeling a bit anxious about the changedthat will happening soon

dd is nearly three and has always been a good sleeper but since we swapped rooms she too has been waking in the night complaining of monsters and coming into our bed, just hoping that she;ll grow out of it like ds did, he used to have terrible night terrors where you couldn;t wake him up

the fairy thing sounds like a good idea, or you could get her like a toy dog that could lie at the end of her bed and scare the bad dreams away
my sister bought ds a dreamcatcher and explained what it did to ds and this seemd to help but three might be a bit young to understand

you can get fairy doors off ebay that you pt on the skirting board in the bedroom and my friend put one in her toddlers room when she was having nightmares and told her taht if she had a bad dream a fairy would come through the door and magic them away

gingerninja Fri 08-Aug-08 14:06:47

No I meant more along the lines of it not waking you up. Not sure there is anything you can do to fix it. I worded it badly

biglips Fri 08-Aug-08 16:26:12

its ok Ginger smile as just trying to get some ideas atm

Mustsleep - so youre in the same boat as me then grin....i just hope she doesnt come into our bedroom bawling her eyes out and wake the baby up! i might having 2nd thought of having the baby in our bedroom and have her/him in it own bedroom. ill have a look at the fairy doors on ebay. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now