Talk

Advanced search

6 mnths old cant sleep on her own

(5 Posts)
bhk3 Tue 05-Aug-08 20:23:58

my little one is 6 months old. she used to sleep on her own till 4 months of her age. now she wont sleep on her own she even wants a sush/pat during her nap in the day or else she'll rub her eyes & scream unless i sush/pat her. i'm really getting tired as my baby needs me all day & even in the night time. can anybody please give me any ideas how to put her to sleep on her own?

littone Tue 05-Aug-08 21:08:38

We had a similar thing - our boy always had to be rocked to sleep. Took a while but we rocked him until he was getting dozy, put him in the cot, he screamed, we went back in and sushed him, rubbed his back etc (but didn't pick him up) and kept going in and out until he went to sleep. Took a while but sticking with it worked. I wouldn't of minded the sush/pat thing though - it was the weight of him that made the rocking too hard for me to continue with!

LaTrucha Wed 06-Aug-08 18:49:56

Oh me too! I've not solved it yet!

bhk3 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:17:10

its really too hard 2 rock for a long time as my little one is quite heavey now my shoulder & back does start hurting every nite. i hope she gets 2 sleep on her own as soon as possible

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Thu 07-Aug-08 20:19:18

get a sling. it will save you a lot of arm ache and most importantly your saniyt.
go for a mei tai of soft structured carrier at here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now