Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MOANING WHILST ASLEEP

(2 Posts)
Baba Fri 11-Feb-05 12:30:49

My ds is nearly 3 and for as long as I can remember he has been a bad sleeper and was waking up several times a night for milk (which i have tried to wean him off).

He has always made a moaning sound which wakes me up and lasts until I go into him and give him a drink. I don't know whether he is asleep or awake when he makes this noise but he is always out of his covers and in a funny position on the bed.

I have tried leaving him but it just gets worse and in the end, due to lack of sleep (I work full-time!), I go and give in and get him a drink.

Anyone have any tips? Should I just keep ignoring him and hope that he might just stop making it and realise I will not come in.

suzywong Fri 11-Feb-05 12:33:43

well first of all sympathies to you for being so tired. There are a lot of us on here who know what that's like

You know what, you are just going to have to make him go cold turkey. Pick a day to start, explain to him that that's what's going to happen, he is old enough at three to understand, and just stand by your guns. Leave a sippy cup or something in his bed and tell him if he is really thirsty then he can have that.

I know it's hard but it's the only way - you can do it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now