Talk

Advanced search

where to put my new born to sleep?co-sleeping?HELP

(6 Posts)
mummy2bsoon Mon 04-Aug-08 16:34:55

she is 8 days old..and has been co-sleeping with me, as its easier to fed her at night...

yesterday dh said to put her in the moses and she didnt settle, durign the day, she will take small naps in the moses..we have a crib aswell, but she hates that...
ne advice hwo to put her to sleep?
where to put her to sleep?

Pixiefish Mon 04-Aug-08 16:38:37

I used to have my dd in a wrap on me during the day and she'd sleep in that or she'd sleep in her car seat (although Hv's now advise against that due to overheating and curving of the back but it was never for more than an hour or so)

She's 9 months old now and will sleep in her travel cot during the day and in bed with me at night

Lucypearl Sat 16-Aug-08 21:52:45

I put my 12 wk DD in her cot at night but then from her first night feed she comes into our bed. I know people advise against it but it helps both of us get more sleep at night so...anything for sleep!

thisisyesterday Sat 16-Aug-08 21:57:13

it sounds like you're doing fine as you are.
I used to have ds2 in the cot by my bed but he'd usually end up in bed with us because I fell asleep while feeding him lol

PrettyCandles Sat 16-Aug-08 22:00:35

I've co-slept for varying lengths of time with all three of mine, and napped them either in their cot or in a carrycot during the day.

8 days is very early as yet. (Congrats, BTW smile) her sleeping pattern is far from set. I found with all of mine that they changed alot around 3w, the time when people say that there is a growth spurt. Ididn't notice that, but the LOs certainly woke up a lot at that time. They became more alert during the day, and slept longer at night.

No reason not to continue co-sleeping if it works for you.To help her settle for naps, try sleeping on a muslin nights and putting that muslin in the moses when she naps.

missbloom Sun 17-Aug-08 12:26:55

Pixiefish is the hv advising against the wrap or the car seat? my dd loves our wrap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now