Talk

Advanced search

15 week old refuses to nap

(3 Posts)
Piccalilli2 Sat 02-Aug-08 13:42:03

Dd2's sleeping has completely gone to pot in the last few weeks, it has never been great but she is now not settling until 11 p.m. and only then if I breastfeed her to sleep lying down and she's waking every 2 hours all night. I think the main problem is that she's overtired as she seldom naps during the day. How can I get her to sleep more during the day? She won't sleep on me or in a sling, she will sleep in her car-seat but only whilst the car is moving, she won't sleep in her pram. I've tried putting her in her cot and doing pu/pd or leaving her to whinge for a while but it quickly progresses to full-on crying and I can't leave her to cry. Really don't know what to try next.

Gangle Sat 02-Aug-08 14:47:19

Hi Piccalilli2 - have very similar problems with my DS, 18 weeks. Out of desperation have tried pu/pd but, like you, he escalates to full on crying very quickly. Have left him for a few minutes but then come back in to comfort. Still not sure it's the right thing to do or that it's working as he doesn't seem to be settling any better. Will follow your thread with interest. Best of luck.

moocowme Sat 02-Aug-08 20:38:25

pu/pd is not really for babies under 6 months. you need to look at shush/pat which worked very well for my DS. i think at this stage I would go back to feed to sleep and look and gradual withdrawl and some sush/pat to get bedtime to a reasonable time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now