Talk

Advanced search

Baby sleeping face down

(9 Posts)
Naetha Tue 29-Jul-08 10:42:47

My 7mo DS has recently started sleeping face down. I don't mind him sleeping on his front as he has great head control and can flip over if he wants, but I really am less keen about this. I've got a photo below.

I can move him onto his back or his side, but he's usually like this within about 20 minutes. Any tips? Should I just leave him?

s7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/ldticp/?action=view¤t=IMG_0596.jpg

Naetha Tue 29-Jul-08 10:46:11

Apologies - wrong link:

s7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/ldticp/Ben%20Llewelyn%20Thackray/?action=view¤t=IMG_0596.jpg

talilac Tue 29-Jul-08 10:50:43

Awww he's very cute.

I was told that once they can flip themselves they can sleep however they like. Might be worth checking with HV / GP / SIDS organisation though?

FWIW, my 2 yr old still sleeps face down with her bum in the air, its her favourite position.

HumphreySmallPillow Tue 29-Jul-08 10:50:45

My sister used to sleep like this, and it really worried my mother.
She was always fine though.

Maybe you could have a word with your HV about it?

(He's beautiful, btw. smile)

dinkystinky Tue 29-Jul-08 12:40:51

I'd leave him - my DS (now 2) started flipping over at around that age and I spent around 4 weeks trying to turn him back over each time - drove me crazy! Turns out he likes sleeping on his front (like DH) and goes to sleep like that every single night and nap time now!

angel1976 Tue 29-Jul-08 21:00:58

I have no idea what the answer to your question is but he's gooooooooorrrrrrgeeeeeeeousssss! grin

sunnytimes Tue 29-Jul-08 21:13:34

Message withdrawn

katiepotatie Tue 29-Jul-08 21:17:09

awwww cute grin
My DD sleeps like this too, she is obviously comfy. I would never be out of the room if I kept moving her back. If he can roll over he should be fine smile

BriocheDoree Wed 30-Jul-08 11:22:52

Both mine did this - dd from 4 months (she rolled early!) and DS from 7 months (soon as he could roll). Completely cured DS's nighttime reflux!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now