Talk

Advanced search

when did your toddler stop their nap?!!!

(11 Posts)
girliefriend Sat 26-Jul-08 20:51:03

hello dd 2.5yrs and still has a nap after lunch of about 30 -40 mins but am finding increasingly that she does not want to go to bed until at least 8pm if not later and is getting more reluctant to go to bed. I'm guessing this means she is ready to drop the nap? However yesterday when I picked her up from the childminders at 5pm she had not slept all day and literally couldn't keep her eyes open and came home and passed out on the settee!!! Anyone got any thoughts?!!!

DanJARMouse Sat 26-Jul-08 20:56:53

DD1 - 2yrs 1mnth
DD2 - about 18mnths, but will still nap in the car if we are out (3 in october)
DS - he is 8mnths so is still napping!

mamabea Sat 26-Jul-08 21:03:26

2 years old!

can you try a bit of 'quiet time' when she would take her nap i.e. 30 mins of just chilling with books being read either with you/ child minder if poss?

LyraSilvertongue Sat 26-Jul-08 21:04:31

DS1 had at least an hour, more often two hours, after lunch till he was 3 and a bit.
DS2 was just under 3.

girliefriend Sat 26-Jul-08 21:13:17

wow you lot are quick! The quiet time might work am thinking about getting very strict about how long she sleeps for maybe like a max of 20mins, although eaiser said than done as more often than not am very glad of a bit of peace and quiet when she is asleep! Silvertongue did they still go to bed on time?!!!

LyraSilvertongue Sat 26-Jul-08 22:01:00

Yes. I think having that sleep in the day helps them gert to sleep at night, oddly enough. They'd get over tired and then not sleep if they didn't nap.

MsHighwater Sat 26-Jul-08 22:12:20

2.5 or so. Last Christmas/New Year. Daily routine all different cos of the holiday so on a few days she had no nap and never really went back to it except on the odd occasion e.g. in the car. Not done it for months now.

PortAndLemon Sat 26-Jul-08 22:26:19

DS is 3.6 and still really needs a nap (and all but two of his classmates at nursery (who are mostly a couple of months older) still nap, too). Nursery has been cutting it down gradually, though (they say that they've never known a class like it for napping).

MingMingtheWonderPet Sat 26-Jul-08 22:27:51

DD 2.5

DS 4 (struggling to get him to drop nap when he went to school at 4.1! - thought he was going to fall asleep in book corner!)

MingMingtheWonderPet Sat 26-Jul-08 22:28:58

MsHighwater - that is what happened with DD. School hols, (xmas I think) and out of routine and never really got back into it)

firststeps Sun 27-Jul-08 09:53:15

Hi girlefriend, DS1 is 2.7 and just cut out his afternoon nap last week, very suddenly - like you though I think we're in a bit of a transitional stage as he is v v tired by tea time but will usually have a catnap in the late afternoon if we're out an about in the car - I'm thinking it might take a couple of weeks for his body clock to adjust?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now