Talk

Advanced search

Are developmental milestones linked to sleep issues (10 month old)?

(5 Posts)
Pendulum Wed 23-Jul-08 21:38:06

My DD has always been great at going down to sleep and has also slept through the majority of nights since around 6 months.

She is currently going through loads of developmental stuff- on her knees about to crawl, babbling, cutting top teeth. This seems to have coincided with major disruption of her sleep. She screams for up to an hour after being put down at night despite being tired, and wakes up several times in the night. She also seems to be fighting daytime naps.

I seem to remember reading something ages ago about major physical cognitive or physical development interrupting sleep. Does anyone have experience of this, especially around this age? Or would you suspect another issue e/g/ separation anxiety?

Nippersmum Thu 07-Aug-08 14:30:35

Hi I am afraid I don't have an answer. I am looking for answers too about my ds sleep or rather lack of sleep. My ds will be 10 months next week and is also very unsettled at night. So while I have no answers I am glad to read your post and know I am not alone.
Sending you positive sleep vibes to you both!

EffiePerine Thu 07-Aug-08 14:32:44

some interesting info here

moxie.blogs.com/askmoxie/2006/02/qa_what_are_sle.html

kwaker5 Thu 07-Aug-08 21:55:04

Yes, mobility milestones can cause sleep problems. My DS used to get into a state when he stood up in his cot and couldn't work out how to get back to a lying position! He also used to crawl in his sleep.

TheGabster Fri 08-Aug-08 06:48:42

Hey EffieP - brilliant link! Explains a lot.

Muchos Grassies

G

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now