Talk

Advanced search

Daytime naps

(7 Posts)
littlemisssplendid Tue 22-Jul-08 09:22:35

Aaaaaargh I'm at the end of my tether. How do you get your LO to sleep in their beds during the day. She will go to sleep in the car or the pram but it's a struggle to get her to sleep anywhere else. I've tried the sshh pat thing with a little bit of success but it's a bit inconsistent.

She is really tired this morning but will not go to sleep and I can't face a big walk with the pram (again).

MrsJamin Tue 22-Jul-08 09:26:33

golly I could have written the exact same post 5 months ago. I ended up putting DS on his front and he's been an amazing sleeper ever since blush - not sure it's very good advice (re: SIDS) but it saved my sanity as I was fed up of walking round outside until he was asleep. How old is your DD?

littlemisssplendid Tue 22-Jul-08 09:29:57

She is 3 months whereas I feel about 100 at the moment

MrsJamin Tue 22-Jul-08 12:29:13

Bump, because my suggestion surely wasn't the best one!

Minicooper Tue 22-Jul-08 12:31:32

Can't help as my dd is the same - but she's 8 months!!! Sorry! Will watch with interest!

TeaDr1nker Tue 22-Jul-08 12:33:21

LMS, it will come, LO is 3 months old. I confess i spent the first 3 or 4 months pushing the buggy when it was nap time. Once i had the times sorted i then moved her into her cot, you say you have tried the shshs pat thing but found it a bit inconsistant, it can take up to 6 weeks of being consistant for a routine to come together. So i would say stick with it.

witchandchips Tue 22-Jul-08 12:34:35

i think some babies don't reliably sleep during the day until they are old enough to have some kind of mini-routine and to play rather than just look around and try to grab. So wake feed proper play, story, song then sleep. For my ds this happened around 3 months when he started sitting up with support and could go into his door frame bouncer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now