Talk

Advanced search

PFB was dreadful sleeper - advice on a bed for DC2 Amby/Co sleeper

(6 Posts)
LenniEd Mon 21-Jul-08 20:38:39

DD is now 18mo and still wakes in the night most of the time. Am resigned to it. Can't be @rsed trying anything else, am content to wait it out now and she is getting better albeit slowly. We co-slept with her most nights until she was about 9mo when she decided she no longer wanted to sleep in our bed, just play. We all loved co-sleeping....but....
when we moved DD into her own bed DH started having major anxiety attacks in the night, thinking he had rolled on her or suffocated her with the bedding. I think he was ok when he could just reach out and check she was alright, but it took him 6 months to stop waking in the night sweating and shouting. What with DD waking anyway, and DH waking several times screaming at me that she had suffocated things got a bit fraught.

Am now expecting DC2 and we can't go through that again with DH so aren't planning on co-sleeping in one bed. Am considering a co-sleeper cot and like the look of the Arms Reach ones (although don't like the look of the pricetag). Am also considering an Amby. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of anything like this with themselves/their partner? And any advice on whether we will get on with either of these beds/your own experiences with them would be great. Thanks smile

francesrivis Tue 22-Jul-08 19:45:22

No experience of the Amby/co-sleeper cot I'm afraid - but just had to post because my DP was exactly the same when we moved DD out of our bed! Nearly two years on he still does it occasionally - gives me a nasty start in the night, although its quite sweet though I suppose. We are also expecting no. 2 and I really don't want to co-sleep this time - can't afford to buy anything new so will do our best to get this one to sleep in Moses basket by our bed.

beansprout Tue 22-Jul-08 19:48:33

I have an armsreach co-sleeper that is now for sale. It belonged to someone else on MN and she is happy to sell it (and donate the money to charity). CAT me if you are interested. smile

beansprout Tue 22-Jul-08 19:49:31

Sorry, meant to say, the armsreach is fab. I was also anxious (SIDS death in the family) and it was great, didn't have to worry and ds2 was right next to me. Fab.

PortAndLemon Tue 22-Jul-08 19:50:15

It may not solve your problem, though, because I was exactly like that (waking/shouting/etc.) with DS before we started cosleeping. So not cosleeping in the first place may not cure your DH's behaviour.

LenniEd Wed 23-Jul-08 10:26:19

Hmmm, so maybe we might be as well to co-sleep anyway then. We all liked it, and if DD is ill she will still want to sleep with us or us with her. Interesting that you did that before cosleeping PortAndLemon - I also wonder if he would be less anxious with a second baby than he was with our first.

Beansprout I am potentially very interested, will CAT you if we manage to make a decision today - OOI how long did you keep DS2 in the co-sleeper?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now