Talk

Advanced search

amazing movable mid-day nap

(7 Posts)
littlesthobo Mon 21-Jul-08 16:18:06

DS (15 months) has started to have the fabled 2 hour midday(ish) nap, way-hey! It seems to matter not a jot whether he has had lunch or not before he goes to sleep. However, if he has had lunch, he's then not ready to sleep for another 1 to 2 hours. Anyone else recognise this pattern? Any advice on getting lunch and sleep closer together so that we can go out again (if desired) before about 4pm?

elmoandella Mon 21-Jul-08 21:10:56

i feed lunch and leave to sing,shout and cry and chat in cots/beds until they gives up and just sleep anyway.mines are 2.5 month and 11 month.

leave non stimulant toys like teddies. they have we chats and sing to them after the 2nd day of crying. dont even need to do controlled crying. they usually are actually shattered and just cry for a wee 5 mins and sleep.

mrsdavros Tue 22-Jul-08 09:39:06

An 11.30 lunch? Can then have a snack at threeish. Or promote sleep, if tired enough, by going for a walk in the pram over bumpy grass! (Should then be able to transfer to cot if you want).

littlesthobo Wed 23-Jul-08 12:57:22

Fantastic - don't know what's taken me so long but post-lunch nap is go! Thanks for all your help and advice. elmoandella - hats off to you for having 2 babies under 1!

elmoandella Wed 23-Jul-08 14:05:43

well domne.

posieflump Wed 23-Jul-08 14:07:37

is that 2 yrs 5 months and 11 months though?

elmoandella Wed 23-Jul-08 17:45:12

is that aimed at me?

if so, yes, my 2 chat away and fall asleep at same time in afternoon. just after lunch. sometimes you hear them jabbering away for a good half hr first. other times they just go right to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now