Talk

Advanced search

Do your LOs need bumps to go to sleep in their pushchair?

(6 Posts)
dairymoo Sat 19-Jul-08 20:26:05

Mine seem to go to sleep really quickly if I'm wheeling the pram over bumpy grass but it takes an aaaaaaaage if I'm pushing them on smooth tarmac. Are my DTs normal or do other babies like bumps too??

mrsdavros Sat 19-Jul-08 21:02:03

Mine is exactly the same! I push him round the graveyard using the lumps and bumps near (very ancient) graves! This way I know exactly how long it will take to get him to sleep (5 mins) but on a path, more like 5 hours. At a street festival recently, when I knew he needed a nap, I had to go off and find a cobbled street, then it took 2 mins!!

beansprout Sat 19-Jul-08 21:05:01

Ds2 seems to prefer bumps too.

tigana Sat 19-Jul-08 21:05:17

DS was like this!
He also settled best in our arms if we rested an elbow on one knee and bounced said knee up and down, fairly quickly!
Much to mild consternation of a few friends/family who thought it constituted shaking him [hmmm]

RubiMama Mon 21-Jul-08 07:03:40

Yes! DS loves this and to get him to sleep in the house I have to bump him over the edge of a folded rug!

Kbear Mon 21-Jul-08 07:24:54

This brought back memories of when I used to push DD back and forth over a placemat that I put on the carpet so it just bumped a tiny bit as I pushed her!! Smooth carpet never worked. Worked every time and I have passed on the tip to SIL for newborn nephew!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now