Talk

Advanced search

Mattress for a toddler bed...what size?

(10 Posts)
Pavlovthecat Sat 19-Jul-08 10:51:57

I guess this could have gone in products topic too...

The bed is 149x72.
Only mattress I can find is a cotbed mattress size 149x70. I know I am being dumb but this is the right one isnt it?

Pavlovthecat Sat 19-Jul-08 10:52:35

Sorry the cotbed mattress size is 140x70!

Pavlovthecat Sat 19-Jul-08 11:03:42

bump...

just a quick 'yes its right' nor 'no its not, you need x size' will do grin

Seona1973 Sat 19-Jul-08 13:52:58

sounds like its the right one to me.

Seona1973 Sat 19-Jul-08 13:53:31

where did you get the toddler bed from - does it not say which mattress to use with it?

theyoungvisiter Sat 19-Jul-08 14:01:50

The width sounds right but 10cm less on the length sounds a lot.

Are you measuring this yourself or using the measurements they supplied? If so, are they internal or external measurements?

Pavlovthecat Sat 19-Jul-08 15:17:17

*seona - it does not say what mattress to buy sad just that it is not supplied with it.

theyoungvisitor not measuring myself, these are measurements that are given on website. And it does not say internal or external.

I was presuming that the additional 10cm was the headboard and footboard part? So that the 149 was the total length not just the mattress part.

I was unsure though about that 10cm, hence my checking.

The site does not seem to have 'toddler mattresses'

Pavlovthecat Sat 19-Jul-08 15:19:39

seona have not actually bought either yet, but have seen a bed on Kiddicare website which looks nice.

I have just been looking on the toddler company website and the bed measurements were as above, and the mattress was also as above, so I am guessing it is right, given that it only sells like two mattresses and only sells toddler beds?

Natasha65 Fri 25-Jul-08 12:51:28

I work at Natural Mat and we get these kinds of questions all the time about cot bed mattress sizes, it’s all very confusing! If your cot bed is 149 x 72, it would take a 70 x 140 mattress which is standard. If you would like to find out more about our products check us out at www.naturalmat.co.uk. Good luck with the search.

travsgal Sat 18-Jun-11 15:28:47

hi, i have a disney princess toddler bed but have no matress and not sure on the size i need as i dont have a tape measure could anyone that has or knows of the measurements for this bed please reply i would be very gratefull smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now