Talk

Advanced search

If your children share a room, what do you do when one of them is ill?

(6 Posts)
novadandypowder Wed 16-Jul-08 14:01:14

We are about to put my dd (2.9) and ds (16mnths) in the same room. They both keep fairly similar sleep patterns and we need the spare room that ds is currently in. However for the last couple of nights my ds has been crying for a few hours after being put to bed due to a bad chest. It got me to wondering what would happen if they were sharing and this happened?

Any experiences to share, or advice. Any other general tips on room sharing?

TIA

FioFio Wed 16-Jul-08 14:02:41

Message withdrawn

castlesintheair Wed 16-Jul-08 14:03:49

Leave them together. They get used to it.

FAQ Wed 16-Jul-08 14:04:43

leave them - they get used to it.

clutteredup Wed 16-Jul-08 14:06:04

My 2 have been sharing for 3 years now and hey are used to it - when one of them has been sick in the night we've had the lights up, cleared up , changed sheets, washed down sick child and the most the other one has done is stirred a little and had had no memory of it the next morning. If one of them is restless they''l just come through to ur room. DD1 was till in a cot when they started sharing but she'd just call out and we'd come. That never seems to have been a problem - waking eachother up in the mornings is though!!!

TheFallenMadonna Wed 16-Jul-08 14:07:28

Mine just stayed together. They rarely wake up in the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now