Talk

Advanced search

Help! DD (6 mo) making strangulated wail/shout all day and ALL NIGHT!

(3 Posts)
perapera Tue 15-Jul-08 22:32:42

Well the thread title sums up the problem. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

My DD (who I thought was getting close to sleeping through the night) has suddenly become the noisiest baby the world. She has always liked the sound of her own voice (smile) and hasn't been averse to the odd bit of shouting now and again, but she's started to do it all the time. It's like she's experimenting with her throat or something but it's SO noisy it's unbearable. It's a very strange noise though - like a Tarzan call but with a constricted throat. And it goes on forever.

She doesn't seem to be particularly happy or unhappy but she doesn't sleep and obviously we don't either (she is in our room). When we go to her she seems to want to play. I don't know what to do but I have had only three hours sleep for the last three nights.

This is what I've thought of:
teething - I've given her teething gel and powder, to no avail
hunger - feeding doesn't help
hot/cold - but it's not either in the bedroom
boredom - this is a possibility, but why is she bored, she should be asleep?!!

SOOOO tired - any help or suggestions would be much appreciated...

katiebatey Tue 15-Jul-08 22:45:23

my dd discovered how magnificent her own voice is at 6 months and she also makes some very un baby like noises. the sort that make people turn round in horror in the supermarket thinking she is being strangled.

she is still doing some at 11 months, so get used to it grin

I found just ignoring is the best way of dealing with it

perapera Tue 15-Jul-08 23:15:08

But how to ignore it at 3.30 am?!! She seems to be able to do it for HOURS...

I know what you mean about people turning round in the supermarket. I was in a department store today with my sister who had the baby in the pram at the other side of the shop and I turned round in horror at the sound of my own baby 30 metres away! grin

But seriously did she keep you awake at night? How did you handle it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now