Talk

Advanced search

22 month old impossible to get to sleep

(5 Posts)
gingerninja Fri 11-Jul-08 20:35:27

DD has never been a great sleeper but always gone to bed OK. However, in the last couple of weeks she's been a NIGHTMARE. She just will not settle or lay down.

The routine has always been, milk, stories DH or I lay with her and she goes to sleep. Last couple of weeks she's screamed blue murder, will not lay down and spends hours (one night 3) generally buggering about.

I've noticed a bit of a change in her behaviour too. She's tantruming, biting and pinching but I'm not sure if that's just nursery influence or this is all connected somehow.

Can anyone offer any advice? I thought I was understanding her but I feel like I did when she was a newborn. Complete freeform parenting not having a clue.

PS, I'm not particularly supportive of CC but I do walk out the room and leave her for a few minutes when she won't lay down. (i count to three)which makes her hysterical.

gingerninja Fri 11-Jul-08 21:19:44

anyone?

halogen Fri 11-Jul-08 21:33:04

My daughter is 22 months and a couple of months ago she switched from being perfectly happy to go to sleep in her cot all alone and droppping off within ten minutes to being insistent that I stay with her until she is deeply asleep and she now also insists on coming into our bed in the night if she wakes.

This is not much help at all, but a) you're not alone and b) I am telling myself it's a phase as I know lots of people whose children have gone a bit insane sleepwise at this age. They all recovered and went back to being sensible in the end... It might just take a while.

gingerninja Sat 12-Jul-08 07:01:33

Thanks Lucile presumably she's back to her normal self then? Last night my DD slept through for the first time in weeks and weeks so maybe some progress was made. Just wish I knew what the problem was ie why there is so many tears. I hate her going to bed like this.

halogen Sat 12-Jul-08 10:57:34

Unfortunately, she isn't back to normal yet. But I know lots of people whose children have gone back to normal, so I'm telling myself it's just a matter of time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now