Talk

Advanced search

When is it ok to use cot bumpers?

(11 Posts)
MadameCheese Fri 11-Jul-08 17:14:32

My DS has just moved from his moses basket in our room to his cot . I thought that cot bumpers weren't recommended for youngish babies, (he's 13 weeks) but moving fairly vigorously in the cot - any thoughts?

differentID Fri 11-Jul-08 17:26:38

When he starts to pull himself up into a sitting position, they need to come off. Same for mobiles.

pinata Fri 11-Jul-08 18:16:02

you can use them right away - we needed to to avoid DD's arms and legs getting caught between the bars

Seona1973 Fri 11-Jul-08 19:53:07

they are ok from birth until your lo gets mobile and then you should take them out as they could try to use them to climb out.

pinata Fri 11-Jul-08 20:48:42

more like they might get tangled up in them/pull them off etc etc. i'm going to take DD's off when we lower her cot. she is 7 months and not yet pulling herself uo just yet. i have left it on so far because she rolls around in her cot and bashes into the sides

we had an all the way round the cot one which we used from when she went in her cot at 5 weeks (having outgrown her very tiny moses basket)

as i said, it kept her arms and legs in, but also it kept out draughts

Astrophe Fri 11-Jul-08 20:50:51

I wouldn't use them ever due to possible asociated SIDS risk. They look cute, but are unnesesary. Use a baby sleeping bag to stop their legs sticking out.

pinata Fri 11-Jul-08 20:51:24

oops blush i misread your post seona - i thought it was a question. duh!

so, yes, they might pull themselves up and also pull them off etc

JANEYWB Wed 23-Jul-08 16:42:11

Visit www.bumpsters.co.uk for unique cot bumpers that will solve all your worries about traditional cot bumpers. You won't be disappointed! They're fab

PortAndLemon Wed 23-Jul-08 16:48:38

FSID says that there is no increased SIDS risk from bumpers.

itati Wed 23-Jul-08 16:49:24

Pointless bit of kit imho. Buy the baby some cute clothes instead.

itati Wed 23-Jul-08 16:50:25

You have to pay to advertise, JANEYWB.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now