Talk

Advanced search

11 month old screaming blue murder...

(1 Post)
desperatelyseekingsleep Wed 09-Jul-08 21:09:38

DS2 was ill over the weekend and is still recovering, so I don't know if this is the cause of the horrendous sleep problems we're having. For the last 2 nights he has woken at about 1am and screamed hysterically, only stopping if I (and only I) pick him up and hold him. As soon as I go to put him in his cot again (whether or not I think he's asleep) he screams blue murder. Last night I resorted to taking him into my bed and then transferring him when he was deeply asleep. Tonight we've hit new lows. He went down as usual at 7pm, then woke up at 8 and has been screaming ever since. I tried PUPD for about half an hour, then gave up on that, then spent about 25 mins stroking his forehead to calm him down till he was really sleepy, then moving gradually away from his cot till I thought he was asleep. I've just left his room and he's screaming again. What the hell do I do? I'm ready to slit my wrists over this one as my evenings were the only bit of respite I was getting from him (he's extremely clingy). Please help! Sorry for long post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now