Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hammock swing thing confused has so much changed in 2 yrs ?

(4 Posts)
Rosa Wed 09-Jul-08 15:09:24

AM pg with No2 and have been offered a baby hammock / swing thing. However I was told when I had dd1 2 yrs ago that baby should lie flat as much as possible , avoid putting in car seats for any long length of time. I have a lie flat buggy but friend who offered it says load of hogwash and that this thing respects natural curve of spine and it is far better .
Erm to the MN board of experts please. Thanks

Fillyjonk Wed 09-Jul-08 15:12:41

oh dear

not sure but interested

I THINK the problem is caused by their necks being bent. but all mine have lived in the sling (upright) to 6 months, so...not sure.

Rosa Wed 09-Jul-08 15:22:49

Its one of those ones that has a stand and then you sort of hook the hammock on the stand and the baby goes in that. It looked quite nice but before I try to work out how the heck to get it back to Italy I thought it best to see if it was going to be worth it.

Podster Wed 09-Jul-08 20:40:35

I have a hammock - Amby - and it's great. Apparently not bad for their spine because it follows their natural curve, also meant to help prevent them getting a flat head. I also liked it because it is quite enclosed, they can't wriggle around so easily. Much more 'womblike' than putting them in a cot and I don't know whether it is the bed or just luck, but we have had a relatively easy time on the sleep front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now