Talk

Advanced search

DS Wont fall asleep without bottle but sleeps through...

(5 Posts)
Puppie Sun 06-Jul-08 21:46:40

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the long term implications of this are? He is 10 months old now and sleeps from 9.00 p.m. until 6.00 a.m. but will not fall asleep without being fed to sleep. Right now I cant quite see what the problem is as I'm happy to give him a bottle every night til hes a teenager if it helps him sleep...am I missing something?

sleepycat Sun 06-Jul-08 21:48:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 06-Jul-08 21:52:11

sounds fine.
my (now 2.5yo) was bf to sleep until 20mo, when I stopped feeding he just went to bed fine without it.
10mo is v young.

Puppie Sun 06-Jul-08 21:56:03

Phew I've been reading all these threads that are making me think feeding a baby to sleep is the root of all evil but I think if I stop doing that then he will stop sleeping through the night causing us both unecessary distress!

VicMac Wed 09-Jul-08 22:00:28

My daughter was the same until I tried a dummy which I had been dead against. It was the sucking motion that relaxed her and not the milk. Now, if she wakes up during the night for any reason she just finds her dummy and isn't looking for milk from me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now