Talk

Advanced search

dd2 wakes up at 6.15am on the dot

(11 Posts)
misdee Sat 29-Jan-05 09:32:56

every day!!!

she was late to bed last night (8.45pm instead of 7.30) and still woke up at 6.15am. why?

jessicasmummy Sat 29-Jan-05 09:41:32

so ive just been told - its kids for ya!!! jess does it at 1am every night - only wants her [evil] dummy but really winds me up!

hub2dee Sat 29-Jan-05 10:28:27

misdee: a far from normal MN response for ya...

If it's really 6:15 every day, is there a chance she wakes up when the heating comes on ? (pump noise / change in temp / radiator noise).

dw sometimes wakes up after the timer / thermostat has forced the rad next to our bed on and becomes very hot (her side).

Miriam2 Sat 29-Jan-05 10:30:54

or perhaps a neighbour goes out/ starts the car at that time?

Schmauskin Sat 29-Jan-05 10:34:02

i thought this might be the case when my girl was waking at 6.30 ( She now wakes at 5.am!!!!!) because thats when the heating was coming on, so I changed the timer so the boiler started at 7.00am and it didn't make ANY bloody DIFFERENCE!

hub2dee Sat 29-Jan-05 11:15:38

Schmauskin: Maybe you didn't twiddle the knob to the left of the red thing enough

SPARKLER1 Sat 29-Jan-05 11:22:36

I can sympathise. My dds went through a phase of waking at 4.30am!! Even after a late night. The going to bed late trick never works with us. I find I'm better off getting the girls to bed earlier and they sleep longer and then I feel like I've had a bit of a break. Never thought I'd say it but they are getting better. Have had a few school mornings where I've had to wake them up!!!

msann Sat 29-Jan-05 11:31:28

my dd wakes at 5.50am (ish) every morning...it doesnt matter what activities we do the previous day...or how late i put her to bed its STILL that time that she gets up. Am at the end of my tether with being woken up by her going to toilet/switching her light on/singing/crashing toys about. No amount of asking will make her quieten down or go back to sleep. If i turn the light off she gets up minutes later & turns it back on..she thinks i dont hear her.
How old is ur dd misdee? Is she waking up cos she has lots of toys etc in her room & is mayb thinking 'oh i'll get up & play with such & such a toy' ?? This thought has crossed my mind with my dd..but i havent been horrible enough (YET) 2 take all th etoys from her room to test the theory!

mummylonglegs Sun 30-Jan-05 14:24:13

Hi misdee

This has long puzzled me the internal alarm clocks of little kids. My dd wakes at 7am regardless of when she goes to sleep. Sometimes it's been as late as 10pm and she's still up at 7. It's not noise-specific as she also does it when we stay at grandparents etc.

misdee Sun 30-Jan-05 14:27:15

she got up at 7am today!!

wow.

suzywong Sun 30-Jan-05 14:30:57

sympathies

they just bloody do

ds2wakes up at 4 every morning of his little 17 mo life, goes back to sleep after a roar and then is ready for business at 5.45

F knows why

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: