"ds3 sleeps through for first time in living memory shock"

(41 Posts)
lowcalCOD Fri 28-Jan-05 08:25:33

well deffo since the summer
hooray!
of course I woke up thinking I hear dhim and wiht streaming cold

flatmouse Fri 28-Jan-05 08:37:35

That's great news! well done mini-cod3.

Now then, how long did you have to wait for that amazing feat? (Ie, how much longer will i have to wait??)

lowcalCOD Fri 28-Jan-05 13:30:42

OMG we had to wait almost 2 years ( well he did go for a few times aged aout 1),,,,sorry
I was very weak with him!!
ds1 and 2 were dealt wiht much more firmly

Demented Fri 28-Jan-05 13:33:19

Well done to your DS3 Coddy!

lowcalCOD Fri 28-Jan-05 13:33:44

no demented well done to me me me memememe ! lol

Demented Fri 28-Jan-05 13:35:07

Just think how much you will save on Touche Eclat now!

lowcalCOD Fri 28-Jan-05 13:35:57

yes and I have a streaming cold so all make up is heading south

Demented Fri 28-Jan-05 13:49:27

Although just think how quickly you'll recover on full nights of sleep! Hope he keeps it up!

weightwatchingwaterwitch Sat 29-Jan-05 08:47:38

lowcalCOD Sat 29-Jan-05 16:39:42

no shitey night last night but dh did it all!

sallystrawberry Sat 29-Jan-05 16:53:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edam Sat 29-Jan-05 17:36:52

hurrah for ds3!

Am in at the idea that you could ever be anything other than firm...

lowcalCOD Sun 30-Jan-05 16:14:33

no bloody ehll he had a hige tantrum int he night and pissed me right off

Moomina Sun 30-Jan-05 16:15:23

who, ds or dh?

lowcalCOD Sun 30-Jan-05 16:17:31

lol well, d s and then amlost dh!

edam Sun 30-Jan-05 16:31:14

oh damn and just when you thought you'd cracked it... sending lots of 'sleep through tonight' vibes to your ds3 (and my ds who is STILL having his afternoon nap...).

lowcalCOD Sun 30-Jan-05 16:32:02

its shite, cheesy

edam Sun 30-Jan-05 18:06:13

what, lack of sleep? agree.
having a mare with ds and naps at weekends. seems to have no problem at nursery but when we try to put him down at w/ends he screams, howls, does an impersonation of a baby whose heart is breaking... awful. but nothing works except leaving him to cry. which makes me feel like a terrible mother. ouch.
still, at least he mainly sleeps through at night

lowcalCOD Mon 31-Jan-05 08:05:37

we are at our wits end this morning
it s 8 am andd ds3 is back in bed after being up since 445 wanting to wake up his brothers and pull my hair etc
what are we going to do?
is it time fro him to be in a bed?

weightwatchingwaterwitch Mon 31-Jan-05 08:18:43

Cod, me too. Dd woke at 1am and cried so I gave her Nurofen and kept lying her down until she went back to sleep. It took nearly an hour of grim determination on my part not to bring her in with me but she gave up in the end and went to sleep. Have you tried that? Could it be teeth for your ds? Shite isn't it?

lowcalCOD Mon 31-Jan-05 08:24:07

do youthink at almopst 2?
i dont know how I have gone so wrong with him and the others are ws o good
I am thinking bed might help him not bang himself
he is wuite a strappign lad

weightwatchingwaterwitch Mon 31-Jan-05 08:26:49

I'd crack the sleeping before you move him to a bed - he'll be able to get out of a bed on his own and bother you in the middle of the night! But if you get him into not waking first then he just won't wake and it won't matter if he has a bed and can wander at will. No idea whether teeth are still coming at 2, did you give him Calpol or anything? I knew my dd was just trying it on really because she stopped screaming when I picked her up so she can't have really been in pain, she just wanted me. The feeling was not mutual at 1am!

nasa Mon 31-Jan-05 08:27:24

aren't some of them 'naturally' better sleepers than others? I know there is lots of stuf fyou can do to encourage better sleep but I think essentially some children are more wakeful than others (and some more early wakers than others) - just like adults. e.g. DP could sleep on the head of a pin while I wake up at the slightest sound

weightwatchingwaterwitch Mon 31-Jan-05 08:27:56

We are determined to crack dd this week. She WILL SLEEP through. Dp's turn tonight thank goodness and I'll go and sleep in with ds and get some sleep. Gotta go, school run.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Mon 31-Jan-05 08:28:53

Yes but nasa, as Christopher Green says, as an adult you know that even if you DO wake up it's not on to poke your husband in the ribs and say oi get me some food is it? I think babies can be taught the same tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now