Advanced search

why am i knackered?

(11 Posts)
biglips Tue 25-Jan-05 14:22:57

since xmas - im feeling absolutely frazzled as i sleep 9 hours every night whilst baba is asleep. im ready to go to sleep now but baba is awake and iver got to go and do couple of things. my baba is 16 weeks old. am i sleeping too much or am i unfit?

Angeliz Tue 25-Jan-05 14:23:31

Are you perhaps aneamic?

Angeliz Tue 25-Jan-05 14:23:58

Mind you with a 16 week old you sound pretty normal

suzywong Tue 25-Jan-05 14:24:05

go to your doctor and ask to get your thyroid function checked. It's a simple blood test and underactive thyroid leaves you feelingn permanently knackered. It is very easy to rectify however

FineFigureFio Tue 25-Jan-05 14:24:18

are you depressed?

suzywong Tue 25-Jan-05 14:25:22

hi fio, did you get your roid checked in the end?
(sorry to out you)

lunavix Tue 25-Jan-05 14:25:47

I have an overactive thyroid which wears you out too... was diagnosed when ds was about 12 weeks, I was permanently tired, when I woke up in the morning I'd cry because I actually couldn't get out of bed! Couldn't bring myself to play with him, or walk anywhere.. feel much better now on the meds for it.

suzywong Tue 25-Jan-05 14:27:38

hello lunavix, the thyroid club is growingin numbers I see here on MN, it's terribly fashionable you know - and isn't it wonderful when you get diagnosed

anyway sorry to hijack biglips but the best thing is to go and talk to your gp and ask for some blood tests

biglips Tue 25-Jan-05 14:47:46

well im deffo not aneamic as ive had it tested couple weeks after i had baba as when baba was born (had c-section) i was very aneamic and took iron tabs. I have been properly awake since i went on maternity leave in sept 04, then xmas came and since then im (yawns) tired and drained, also im struggling to get out of bed. i will ring docs now and get some blood tests taken.

FineFigureFio Tue 25-Jan-05 14:59:03

no i havent yet suzy....they keep sending me letters about my smear and I keep forgetting to go, I really should make that appointment but I have turned into a recluse in this weather

biglips Wed 26-Jan-05 11:41:23

well just been to the docs and ive got to have blood tests next week for aneamic and thyroid. he did ask me few questions and one of them which i started a thread "my shrunk appetite after given birth" was the possibly main source of why i am tired since xmas. My appetite had shrunk, i weighed myself yesterday and ive lost a stone in a month - i thought i would've of piled it on but instead i lost it. so overall ive lost 2 stones in 16 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now