Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

me again......sleep problems.

(9 Posts)
Donbean Mon 24-Jan-05 12:33:25

Ok, now ds has started to wake between 4am and 5.30 occasionally going back off for an hour but usually not.
Its been about 3 weeks now. If i leave him he chats, shouts and bangs. This can go on for up to 2 hours then i go into him as i just cant sleep because of the noise.
I dont put the light on or talk to him.
I lay him down give him the dummy and noonoo and say "bobo's" that is it.
He sometimess lies there, other times stands up and cries.
At 18 months he has slept through the night maybe 5 times all in all.
He isnt cold, he has fleecy all in one pjs on.
He may be in pain as neurofen not effective after 8 hrs and may be teething??
Any suggestions?

Donbean Mon 24-Jan-05 15:45:38

That'll be a "no" then will it!

zippy539 Mon 24-Jan-05 16:05:55

Sorry, don't have any suggestions just bumping

Donbean Mon 24-Jan-05 16:06:54

Thankyou very very much. Im pretty desperate and frazzled!

mishi1977 Mon 24-Jan-05 16:17:32

mm...did he wake up at this time before looking for milk or anything..i know when my ds (15mths) wakes up in night it is usually down to either teethign or he hasnt eaten much in day so he is looking for his milk...which he doesnt get just water...lol...if you think it is teething and you give him nurofen you can give him a dose of paracetamol at that time...other than that he doesnt really sound like he is getting upset so may just be that he is a an early riser..sorry!!!

does he sleep much in day etc?

Donbean Mon 24-Jan-05 16:31:02

About 1.5hrs thats all.
He has always been a dreadful sleeper !
He does ask for "drink" if i go into him and so far i havent given him any thing as i dont want to get into that.
I just cant put my finger on whats wrong.
BTW he drinks plenty in the day and has about 7/8oz cows milk at bed time.
I think that reluctantly i must agree with you that he is most probably an early riser! DOH!!!!

Kelly1978 Mon 24-Jan-05 16:36:42

Is he hungry or thirsty? ds used to wake up very thirsty, I started leaving a beaker in her cot for her so she cud have a little drink before waking up fully. she would then settle herself again.
You could try reducing the daytime nap too, 1.5 hrs is quite a bit, and it sounds like he has just had enoug sleep if he isn't always crying when he wakes.

HTH

mishi1977 Mon 24-Jan-05 17:07:29

hi
my ds has about 30-40min sleep in the day and also does get thirsty in the night so i do leave some water in his room he doesnt get any milk but maybe ur ds is truly thirsty

Donbean Mon 24-Jan-05 19:12:09

Possibly. I sometimes have to wake him up in the day and it varies from just under an hour to 1.5 hours. I will start to let him have 45 mins and see if that makes a difference. Its just that he is HORRID by tea time as he is exhausted.
Will give it a try.
Thanks every one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now