Talk

Advanced search

How to structure the day when baby has a lie-in?

(7 Posts)
franch Tue 18-Jan-05 15:38:18

Might be a better title for the query I've just posted here .

Never imagined I'd ever be asking such a question ......

franch Tue 18-Jan-05 16:32:10

bump

franch Tue 18-Jan-05 19:45:15

bump

RudyDudy Tue 18-Jan-05 20:01:29

Hi franch - I know what you mean about it meaning a strange 'problem' to have. My DS is usually up either himself or woken by us, around 7am during the week but sometimes will lie-in at the weekends. We tend to appreciate the lie-in ourselves so let him and then play the rest of the day by ear. He still has a morning nap so basically if he sleeps late we cut that out but he tends to go down for his post lunch nap a little earlier. If he's had a late breakfast then it usually means that he doesn't have any sort of snack during the morning and then is ready for lunch around the usual time. In the afternoon I wouldn't let him sleep past 3.30pm so that he will go down at 7pm okay.

HTH - enjoy the lie-ins whilst you can!

SenoraPostrophe Tue 18-Jan-05 20:05:38

dd sometimes has lie-ins of that length and I generally give her lunch a bit late and nap fairly close to the time she normally has it. Otherwise you end up with a baby that goes to bed at midnight! I don't wake her from her nap unless she goes over 3 hours though - I figure that if she needs to sleep then she should sleep.

franch Tue 18-Jan-05 20:06:32

Thanks RD. I think you're right about the 3.30 thing. DD doesnt have snacks but seems to be hungry just about any time so lunch-time not a huge problem - just difficult to know when to put her down for her nap when she's got up so late - she doesnt have a morning nap any more.

Still, we're managing somehow!

HappyMumof2 Wed 19-Jan-05 13:27:05

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now