Talk

Advanced search

Bed to travel cot!

(11 Posts)
hayleylou Fri 14-Jan-05 13:31:56

DS (who is 2) has been sleeping in a "Big Boys Bed" since September and is normally fine going to bed. We are off back to see parents soon for 10 days (as we live in Germnay), is it OK to put him back in a travel cot or keep in a put up bed!! If I do that I am just worried about him wondering around durring the night!!! Any suggestions?

nailpolish Fri 14-Jan-05 13:34:32

i wouldnt put my 2 yr old back in travel cot after being in a big bed, i think she would go nuts! what alternatives are there? a normal single bed? a camp bed? if so maybe you could get a bedguard - theyre not too expensive (or borrow one?) does he have a bedguard at the moment? can you take it with you?

LIZS Fri 14-Jan-05 13:35:27

When we had that scenario we put dd on a mattress on the floor. Do they have a stairgate you could put across the door in case of night wanderings or a high enough door handle to keep him in the room ?

essbee Fri 14-Jan-05 13:36:35

Message withdrawn

essbee Fri 14-Jan-05 13:37:09

Message withdrawn

flatmouse Fri 14-Jan-05 13:39:00

We didn't got the back to travel cot either - instead we got inflatable mattress from Argos - he slept happily on that. (Tho the mattress does take some pumping up - especially if you don't close the big valve !)

nailpolish Fri 14-Jan-05 13:40:12

what about those ready bed things? im sure hes old enough for them at 2. and they are really cool - you get spiderman ones etc. and i love the idea of the stairgate - i never thought of that

hayleylou Mon 14-Feb-05 09:45:39

BUMP

Hausfrau Mon 14-Feb-05 09:50:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hulababy Mon 14-Feb-05 09:52:43

There is no way my 2yo would entertain going back into a cot, travel or otherwise, now she has been in a bed.

We have a ready bed, which she adores Would definitely recommend them.

Hulababy Mon 14-Feb-05 09:53:35

You could order one online - to be delivered direct to your parent's house. And they are very light to take back with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now